About SBG Funding
SBG Funding is one of the nation’s reliable sources for business funding. We are a niche financing firm with years of experience in the commercial lending arena.
Unlike traditional lending institutions, SBG Funding is efficient in helping businesses gain quick and easy access to the financing they need, without meeting the strict requirements, or enduring the time consuming, labor intensive process that traditional banks mandate.
In today’s rapidly evolving business environment, we understand that small business owners must relentlessly seek new opportunities to maintain their competitive edge. At SBG Funding, we provide flexible financing solutions, unparalleled support, and in-depth financial guidance to help seize today’s opportunities while fueling the long-term prosperity of the businesses we serve.
As the demand for our services continues to increase, we are aggressively looking to expand the SBG team!
Why You’ll Love us
- We offer competitive salaries and high commissions
- We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Ample time off for the R&R we all desperately need
- Free snacks, and catered lunches served regularly
- Cool office with perks; coffee, and beer on tap to keep us focused and to celebrate our victories
- Company happy hours and events to promote a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Get to work every day with supportive, smart, and ambitious people
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor! – Being a rapidly growing start-up, at SBG Funding you’ll have the ability to make a real impact in both the day to day, and the future plans for our business. As we continue to evolve and expand, there will be tremendous opportunity for advancement and continued success.
As a Commercial Underwriter / Loan Officer, you hold a specific set of financial analytical skills that allow you to exercise credit authority on commercial transactions. You’d look for words like review, analyze, document, and approve. You’d search for any missing pieces (though, we hope there aren’t any) to make sure you’re getting exactly what you need.
- Evaluating risk factors relative to the magnitude/probability of business risk, and adjudicate credit within established credit authority level
- Analyze transactions, internal reports and financial information for potential fraud risks.
- Completing credit write-ups documenting then underwriting review completed to support credit decisions made or recommended
- Performing analysis and properly documenting recommendation for transactions requiring final approval by credit committee or otherwise outside of individual credit authority level
We want ambitiousApply now
And We’re Willing to Pay for It!
- 3+ years’ experience as commercial credit underwriter or related experience
- A thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis including review of corporate balance sheets, cash flows, income statements, business strategy, etc. is crucial for success in this job.
- Experience in determining appropriate credit capacity, structuring of facilities, risk mitigation and contract insight needed.
- Understanding of current macro-economic trends.
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills along with the capacity to quickly learn and apply credit assessment policies and procedures are essential
- Prior individual credit authority within the mid-market transaction dollar range
- The ability to make effective, timely and sound recommendations/ decisions on credit requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree with a finance or business emphasis or equivalent experience is preferred